Your website is constantly being tested by outside forces like viruses who are always trying to infiltrate and steal information from you. Having the necessary security in place is critical to protecting your website. Much like how a human body is always fighting off germs in order to stay healthy a website needs to be able to fight away these harmful programs. One of the best ways to protect your website from potential infection and to also avoid catching colds is to monitor and protect your websites immune system. Here is how to do just that:
- Go to Securi.com and input your websites url
- Run the test and check to see how much of a danger your website is in. Minimal to low risk is acceptable but high or critical risk should be dealt with as soon as possible.
- Some of the most important results to look at are if your website has any malware and if it has been blacklisted. Both of these are great methods to detect if your website has been hacked as hackers will usually leave the malware that they used to extract or corrupt data. Blacklisting happens because your website has done something that was potentially dangerous to visitors. Since it was deemed as a threat your website will no longer be shown to potential customers.
- In order to resolve both of these issues we recommend installing some kind of security precaution onto your website to avoid further attacks.
- In order to resolve malware issues follow this helpful article that details the steps to take towards a secure website.
- To resolve blacklisting problems follow this guide to fixing the specific warning that you are experiencing.
As an additional point there is one more thing that you can do to further secure your website and earn customers trust, get an SSL Certificate. These certificates are essentially a promise between your website and search engines that you are a reputable business to send customers to. Search engines will be much more likely to send traffic to sites possessing and SSL Certificate than those who do not. In order to get an SSL follow this guide.
If you need any more assistance or help to resolve any issues that you are facing let us know and we can help you create a secure website that will give you and your customers peace of mind.