Did you know that your website’s site speed is one of the largest deciding factors of its success? According to recent studies, if your website takes more than 3 seconds to load you could be losing more than half of your visitors. No matter how sleek, useful or stylized your website may be, if it does not load quickly it will not be used. Not only will this annoy potential customers, it will also send off a red flag to Google that your website is not fit to be shown to its users.That is why it is so important to check the load speed of your website often, and to optimize for the best performance. Small things like resizing images and implementing caching can go a long way to speed up your site and create positive changes. Here is how to run a simple page speed test to help avoid losing these customers.
- Go to this page speed test and paste your website URL into the testing bar.
- Click analyze and it will crawl your website to test what is working and what is not
- When it is complete it will give you a general score that will look something like this. The most important statistic on here will be the actual page load time, the grade that is given to your website is far less important.
- Below your page load speed it will tell you all of the factors that are slowing down your website. It will also give you suggestions on how you can improve your website performance.
- From here you can go through and begin making the recommended changes to the website in order to boost page speed. Some suggestions will be more confusing than others so let us know if you need any additional help. For WordPress users follow this great guide on how to go about boosting your website speed.
Website speed is often the last thing that owners consider but it is one of the most important. It is far more interesting to talk about design and layout than it is to talk about load speed and image resizing. Don’t let yourself fall into the trap of a slow website. Run this test to help your website run at its best.